My photo
Being a modeller for quite a few years now, I decided to explore the endless possibilities that the world (through internet) offers, and come up with a series of ways of building, modelling and painting fast (but not hastily), to create the worlds I was seeing in history books since I was little. . .If you care to join me. . . This is the place to be! And, I promise you to find the way (or ways)!!

Monday 16 December 2013

W.I.P - Venetian Allies (Jung Ottingen)

Hi everyone! 

Hope you are all well. I apologize for my absence from the blogosphere. 

Even though we are approaching Christmas holidays, which require a lot of our free time for errants, presents, social visits and so on, I have managed in the expense of my friend's Morpheus (God of sleep in Greek mythology) company, to paint some Venetian (Swiss allies to be exact) soldiers, that will guard the citadel of Corfu, during the Turkish raids and siege in 1716-1717 (see previous post).

The pattern of the little soldiers silhouettes on the uniform guides was given to me by my dear friend Aris (the cheeky sod who put me into this turnmoil of colours, uniforms and flags), who got them by the guys that run an excellent blog - Desperta Ferro. You should pay them a visit! :-)

I thank them all (yes, Aris as well), for their invaluable help. :-)




They have not been based yet, but the painting of their uniforms is considered to be finished. 






I hope you liked my men with scarves, stockings and long skirty tunics. :-) A pain to paint, but a pleasure to my eye...

Have a good Monday night everyone!
T.

7 comments:

  1. Those are fecking beautiful Thanos old boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Τhank you Fran! :) I stepped into the dark side now..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice work. Those look great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work on those Thanos, love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are a bit of a departure, but very nicely done Thanos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Yes They are nice Thanos, Nice to see you painting non WWII figures for a change!! Lets see a little more from this wonderful period please!

    ReplyDelete